Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Don Colley Workshop and #Inktober!

2017_10_01 2nd Ave S and Dakota St

Sunday I attended a workshop with Chicago artist, and Urban Sketcher Don Colley. I have admired his lush, textural drawings for years, and never miss an opportunity to see his work in person. It was under his influence that I first started sketching with the Faber Castell Pitt Markers, although my techniques evolved in a more minimalist direction. If you are interested in a detailed description of the workshop, check out Sketcher Tina's post.

It is also #inktober2017 #inktober and I am counting this as my first ink drawing of the month. Only 30 to go. Actually, it is the scanning/posting that I fall behind on (I am on track for drawing), so I will probably post in 2 or 3 batches for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment